PNow would be a good time to check your candidate’s references. Make sure that the referees are previous employers and not friends or family members. You may want to ask them:
- When did she begin work with your family?
- How long did she work for?
- What were the reasons for her departure?
- How many children did she look after?
- What were her responsibilities?
- What were her strengths/ weaknesses?
- Is there anything that you would praise/ critique about her work specifically?
- Would you recommend her for future employment?
Depending on the answers you receive you can decide whether to proceed to the next stage, the face to face interview.